Sunday, February 22, 2009

because when you're hungry, healthy food tastes just as good as bad food.

uncle: "Where did you go?"
me: "I borrowed the pressure cooker from Gina!"
uncle: "...That's not a pressure cooker. That's a slow cooker."
me: "Aren't they the same thing?"
uncle: "No."
me: D:

-
so, the benefits of this pt stuff are pretty much almost countless. they also include the fact that i'm learning how to cook :D!

once upon a time, my cooking skills were limited to top ramen and frozen dinners.

now, i can prepare mushrooms, egg whites, oatmeal, brown rice, corn, and i'm currently in the process of figuring out how to do beans. all by myself. (YAH, I HEAR THE CHEFS OUT THERE LAUGHING AT ME. BABY STEPS, OKAY? BABY STEPS.)

after that, i'll get onto doing seafoods and such. cuz the canned tuna just ain't doin' it for me anymore. sorry, canned tuna. i'm moving onto bigger and better things, since there are plenty of fish in the sea. AH HA HA...ha...

...yeah.

i've been meaning to learn how to cook, anyway. it's an important life skill. and once i'm out on my own, i can't go back to food that comes out of boxes and cans.

-mc

(c'mon. "plenty of fish in the sea". cuz it's tuna. just admit it was clever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment