Saturday, February 14, 2009

GOAL STATEMENT

thought it'd be a good time to post this. i present to you...my goal statement!!!

-
My goal is to lose weight and achieve (and maintain) a fit figure!

I want this because I know there are many more opportunities offered to people who are in shape. I've seen the craigslist ads, and whether for financial reasons or otherwise, losing weight would up my level of competition and what I bring to the table. I'm capable and proficient at many things, but I see that first impressions are often based on looks. People want their people to look healthy; and if I want to be the representation of someone else, chances are they want me to look fit and active.

I'm willing to sacrifice time and my spending money to make this work. I'm also willing to let go of my favorite snacks; my teeth aren't in the best condition anyway, so motivation to stay away from sweets is twice as strong. At the same time, I'm willing to swallow my pride and admit I need some guidance to help me reach my goal.

And when I reach it...I believe I'll feel liberated. And unbelievably happy. My weight has long been that one obstacle that I could never quite get past in my life. When I finally do, I'll feel unstoppable.
-

gah...i hate reading stuff i wrote in the past.

and, actually, this is way condensed.... i mean, it's my original goal statement, yeah, but i clipped out a lot to keep it from becoming an essay. (Sham requires a goal statement from all his clients.) but it retains my central purpose, and serves as a reminder. i have one for home, one for work, and one to carry with me at all times (though, i often forget it somewhere or another D: ).

i should make more copies. one for driving, one each for every textbook i cart around to school, one for my ceiling so i can read it before i go to bed, a few to paste on the backs of people i sit behind in class...haha! (in all seriousness, maybe i should.)

-mc

No comments:

Post a Comment