Monday, February 9, 2009

posture

another 'lifestyle change' i'm in the process of making a habit is good posture. who knew good posture helped you lose weight? i didn't. my trainer had to tell me.

this is yet another transition thathasn't been totally smooth.

i can keep my toes pointed forward and my shoulders back and relaxed (most of the time), but it's keeping my neck straight that i have trouble with. i've always been the type of person to look down all the time, so keeping my head up makes everything seem more confrontational.... it's gonna take me a while to get used to this part.

it's also kind of difficult keeping my abs and gluts tight (which i'm supposed to be doing...) all the time; i'm pretty spacey, so i lose focus a lot.

-
here's a cool thing, tho~

i was also taught to sit a certain good-posture-like way that'll help me burn calories while i'm sitting down. pretty nifty, amirite?

it was kind of awkward the first few times i tried this, since i would start shaking from holding the position for so long, and people in class would look at me like 'wtf is wrong with that person???' haha, but it's worth it to achieve my goal, and i don't shake so obviously anymore. maybe that means i'm getting stronger?

i hope so.
-mc

No comments:

Post a Comment